Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Split


Token tourist pic!
First Outfit- Top: Zara, Skirt: Sabo Skirt, Bag: Louis Vuitton
Second Outfit- Dress: Latin Clothing Co, Shoes: Ebay, Sunglasses: RayBan

I first fell in love with Split when I fell in love with a boy from Split five years ago. The relationship may have ended but my love for this city and this country only grew stronger! I am thankful that he was able to share his beautiful country with me, and now I am sharing it with my parents a few years later. 
The city has changed a fair bit since I first visited, I had forgotten how big it was! It has become a major tourist destination and it doesn't matter what day of the week it is or what time of the day it is, the city is packed and buzzing. 

In regards to the fashion- that has also changed! From what I remember everyone was always dressed up and the girls were so glamorous (ALWAYS in heels....even for a cup of coffee!) Nowadays, it is very casual with denim shorts and white converse shoes seeming to be the common trend. But I still managed to meet up with the most gorgeous and glamorous girl from Split, a friend I made when I first visited. Her name is Antonija and she makes the most beautiful custom jewelry! They are all handmade and one off pieces, you can check out her collection here! 

We did a walking tour of the city which was insightful, as I didn't know a whole lot about the history of Split apart from the fact that it was a roman emperors palace. After the tour, we went shopping in the main street. I picked up a great two-piece print skirt and top for work from Zara. After that we sat by the sea and drank cocktails in the newly made 'west end' marina. 

For the night we headed to club Tropic, were we had an epic night dancing away and then ended up splashing around in the sea as the sun came up. It was a magical end to our time in Split! 

To check out more fashion pics from Split, go to one of my favorite street style photographers page: Sonja Dvornik here

Till next time Split... 

-Summer xox