Saturday, 19 July 2014

Santorini


When you think of the Greek Islands, the first picture that comes into your head is the white cliffs of Santorini. I have dreamed of visiting this place since I was little and first saw it on of those travel shows, Getaway! We were dropped off on one part of the island (where the cable car and donkeys are) and took the cable car to the top. We had a little look around, however I wanted to go straight to Oia because I have heard so many amazing things and it really is the best part of the Island. Oia is where most of these pictures where taken, however we only had a few hours and it was so packed with tourist it was difficult to get a clear shot. Santorini is so romantic, I will definitely be returning with my future significant other for a romantic getaway! We even saw a bride, and she looked stunning...and you can imagine how amazing those wedding pictures will be. 

We had quite an experience returning back to the cruise ship.After enjoying a few cocktails at a a bar looking over the coast, we headed to the cable car to be surprised by the massive queue. So instead of risking it, we decided that we had to walk down the hill to the port otherwise we might not have made it. We ran down the hill and had to dodge and move over 100 donkeys! I kid you not we were weaving in and out of donkeys...I even had to push one out of the way to get passed! It was an experience to say the least...

I thought it was only fitting to wear a white flowy dress in Santorini...matched with gladiator sandals and braids in my hair, perfect Grecian look!

-Summer xox