Thursday, 29 August 2013

Bonjour!


Dress: Forever 21, Shoes: Primark, Sunglasses: Sabo Skirt, Lipstick: Revlon- 'Really Red'

Bonjour! Marseille, France was the first stop on our Carnival Euro cruise. We thought it was only appropriate to wear our 'nautical striped boat dresses accompanied with red lipstick and voila! J' mappelle Summer! 

I spent a few weeks in France on my summer break Freshman year of college but mostly spent time in Paris and Toulous. I loved the culture, but I expected the fashion to be so chic and fabulous but I was very disappointed. The street style is very casual...not dressy and not flashy. Black, black and more black more or less. 
The only thing to see or do in Marseille is the Notre Dame Church. So off we went, following my sisters directions on her ipad...we walked, and walked and walked some more until we realised that we were definitely not in the right place. It should be a strong indicator when you no longer see tourists, and all the street signs and shops were in Arabic. Every woman we passed was covered head to toe in Burkas and everyman we passed was giving us dirty looks. I felt like we were walking through the middle of Egypt not France! After many wrong turns, we were walking through a middle eastern fruit market and someone through a tomato at us! They obviously didn't appreciate our bare legs, or my sisters cleavage. (note to self: do not follow my sisters directions) 
In the end we made it to the top of Notre Dame and the view was spectacular!
 Next destination....and blog post, ITALY!

Summer xo