Thursday, 13 December 2012

MELBOURNE-City


Follow me on instagram! "summerirvin"
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Me and my Melbourne Tour guide freezing at St Kilda!
Sunset in St Kilda

Current Obsession: shopping online at SABO SKIRT! 
Dress & Sunglasses : SABO SKIRT, Blazer: Forever 21 Bag: FOREVER NEW, Shoes: Famous Footwear

First of all, forgive me for the poor quality of pictures, I had to rely on my iphone! Which sadly isn't even an iphone 5, perhaps santa is a Summers Lookbook fan and will get the hint? 
I am in Melbourne! This is my second time to the city, and I have fallen in love with it! I grew up in Sydney, thinking it was the greatest city in Australia but Melbourne you are definitely making me reconsider. My first day I spent in St Kilda, which does not come close to the beaches at the Gold Coast but is still a cute area. I had my first Belgium Beer at the Belgium Beer Cafe! I think it was my first and last because I quickly changed to my staple drink, vodka cranberry. The only down fall with Melbourne is the weather, it is unpredictable to say the least! It is currently summer in Australia, and I was freezing cold wearing pants and a jacket. 
My second day in Melbourne I caught the train into the city for some shopping and exploring. I was overwhelmed with how busy the city was! I felt like I was in a mini New York. My first destination in the city was to ZARA because sadly we don't have a store in Brisbane. I then went to lunch in China Town with my beautiful Auntie who was in Melbourne for business. I spent the rest of the day wandering around the shops and getting lost in all of the cute little alleyways. There are so many cute little coffee shops, bookstores, vintage shops and restaurants. People eating and drinking coffee on the streets, it was all so European! I loved the atmosphere, the street life and the fashion! 

I will definitely be making another trip to Melbourne, comment below of any suggestions of where your favourite spots in the city are!

Love Summer xx